Think about where you want to be 1 year from today, after taking voice lessons…
You’re going to be Awesome(r)!
What Harmony wants to get out of voice lessons, long-term:
- Becoming a more confident singer
- For example:
- Singing with others
- Singing in worship teams
- Singing in front of a live audience
- For example:
- Staying on pitch
- Singing strong and clear / not backing off while singing
- Improved pitch control
If you could improve some things about your overall singing… what would you change/improve?
- Becoming a stronger singer, especially when you haven’t practices (or don’t know) the song
- Sing harmonies
The critic in our head is sometimes the most difficult part of being a musician…
Ben’s general goals for his students:
- Help each student increase their own level of enjoyment of music.
- Help each student increase their own level of commitment for playing music.
- Help each student learn the simple skills of how to effectively learn music by oneself.
C/C# is lowest note without warming up —— F#/G is highest note without warming up
Ahhhh 7x — Feel resonation below navel
Ooooo 7x — Feel resonation at base sternum
Mmmm 7x — Feel resonation at base of throat
Tip: Focus on exhaling completely into each note
Pitch Finding Exercise:
Play any note on an instrument and try to match its pitch in the same octave.
Wants To Learn:
“No Longer Slaves” by I Am They
Already Good At Singing:
“Holy Spirit” by Francesca Battistelli (Jesus Culture also sings it)
For next lesson:
- Breathing Exercise – 7x Ahhh, Oooo, Mmmm
- Bring in 2 Songs – “I Surrender” & “Holy Spirit”
- Download a note generator app on phone